"Local NEWS, created by locals, delivered locally, and supported by local advertisers."
The Local NEWS Network has created a proprietary digital platform to produce and distribute local NEWS programming in small towns across the USA, those with limited or no access to local NEWS because their local TV, Radio, Newspaper has been purchased and syndicated or gone out of business.
The co-founders are Laurie Sigillito, a visionary entrepreneur who acquired a media company in 2013 and developed the LNN business model and Bert Carder, a serial entrepreneur with sales and software background who has founded 4 companies and sold 2. They are joined by Nathan Morris (CTO) who brings decades of experience building, deploying and managing technology in the News industry, and Deborah Uroda, an award winning journalist and co-developer of the LNN news format.
Local NEWS outlets (TV, Radio, Newspapers) have been dying for two decades, as advertisers fled to digital and newsrooms shrunk, creating "NEWS DESERTS” in 2,000 counties. This created 2 problems;
1) Locals have limited access to local news that matters and is important to their community and
2) local advertisers need to use global platforms to reach locals, which can be costly and ineffective. (46% of Google searches are seeking local info).
There are 2,000 counties in USA without a local daily news. We target the micropolitan areas within these counties based on the following characteristics:
1) Have an urbanized population of at least 10,000, but less than 50,000
2) Have an economic strength rating of 250+ by policom.com
3) Have no daily newspaper outlet
We are contacting the following individuals in our target market, as potential licensees.
We are looking for those people with a nose for the news, have selling advertise experience and have lots of local connections.
The landscape is divided into "local news/national news" content & "pull/push" distribution.
Local NEWS Network has these 3 key advantages: